Saturday, September 23, 2006

Rock operas/ musicals

I love the musical Rent. If you haven't seen it go and rent it. Go now drop what you are doing and go. If you are holding a laptop please set the computer down nicely or the computer gods will come and get you. (Its never pretty)
My mom watched with me and loved it. She said it reminded her of the musical Hair. I wasn't supprised that she would love it. My dad also watched and he didn't like it. I knew that he wouldn't. He thought it was weird.
This brought about a disscustion about rock operas/musicals. Mom loves Hair I have never seen it, but I know alot of the songs. I think that may have to go on my list of things to see. She thought that they were similar, because they delt with the issuse of the era. Hair was during the 60's and had war and free love among other issues to approch. Rent was during the 90's and adressed AIDS, poverty, being your self, and drugs.
I did a search for other rock operas/musicals and other popluar ones are Evita, Tommy, Grease, Jesus Christ Superstar, Godspell, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and many others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home