Saturday, June 14, 2008

Floods

The river has gone crazy here in Cedar Rapids. I can't believe how much water we have in our city. It was originally suppose to crest at 20 feet but it went way over that and crested at 31.5 feet. It was so shocking to see the bridges underwater where there wasn't even ripples in the water. I hate the helpless feeling that this disaster has caused. I'm glad to see how many people have helped out. It got to the point where they didn't need any new volunteers, because they already had too many. I'm glad that most people followed the evacuations listed and got out while they could. Also I'm glad that all of my friends got moved to safer areas. I hope the river goes down so so we can start cleaning up and getting on with our lives. Everyone please stay safe. Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home